Monday 9 June 2014

Get excited about teaching pronunciation - ELTed Limerick June 2014

As promised, I'm posting my presentation from Saturday's ELTed event in Limerick:




 
 

Here are just some of the resources that I recommend and that have helped and continue to help me on my pronunciation journey:

 Adrian Underhill
Books
  • How to Teach Pronunciation by Gerard Kelly
  • English Phonetics and Phonology by Peter Roach
  • Phonology for Listening by Richard Cauldwell
  • The Phonology of English: An Introduction for Teachers of ESOL by Ray Parker & Tim Graham
  • Teaching the Pronunciation of English as a Lingua Franca.
Activty and photocopiable resource books
  • Pronunciation Practice Activities by Martin Hewings.
  • Pronunciation games by Mark Hancock
  • The Book of Pronunciation by Jonathan Marks & Tim Bowen
  • Test Your Pronunciation by Michael Vaughan Rees
Online Resources


Thank you very much for the positive feedback on Saturday. If you have any questions or comments on my presentation, please feel free to comment below, or e-mail me at loueltblog@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment